The gray clouds have been relentless and the temperature refuses to climb much above 70 degrees. The flowers may be rejoicing after last year's parched summer, but I find myself in need of sun. Here are five ideas for a rainy Monday:
- Explore a new museum. I have been wanting to take a field trip to MASSMOCA to see this amazing exhibit by Nick Cave.
- This article has me thinking about the downside of allowing technology into the classroom. It's worth a read.
- Visit your local library. I'm planning on stopping by mine today to pick up this book, recommended by Karen of Pumpkin Sunrise. What better way to spend a rainy afternoon than by sitting curled up on a comfy couch with an engrossing book, warm afghan covering your lap and a cup of hot tea by your side?
- Try a new craft. I'm excited about exploring the art of making collages using my own hand printed paper. This book by Elizabeth St. Hilaire is a wonderful resource.
- Head to the movies. While buzz is currently surrounding Wonder Woman, I am looking forward to seeing this.
Sending a little cheer your way,