"Listmaking is a writing practice I've been using and exploring for years. It does not fail me. Ever. -Michelle GD
Just ten things. A quiet practice that allows one to pause and notice. Here are my ten things, right now:
- The muted colors of my cowl in progress. Autumn colors, my favorite.
- Forsythia branches in a milk-white pitcher, ready to open in time for Easter.
- Popeye sleeping on the back of the couch.
- Light illuminating the glass sculpture on the end table. Maroons, golds, blues shining through.
- The hum of an edger running in the neighbor's yard.
- The sliding open of desk drawers as my husband works downstairs.
- Chilled feet, despite the warm fuzzy slippers.
- Light slashing across the jelly cabinet.
- Blue skies, beckoning me outdoors.
- Cluttered coffee table. Books, knitting, mending to be done. Signs of a full life.
Look around you. What are your ten things right now?