As far as I'm concerned, not many things go better than summer and a good book. Sitting in an Adirondack chair under a shady tree with an iced tea by my side and a book in my lap is one of my favorite ways to spend a lazy afternoon. Do you have a favorite summer reading spot also?
In the summer a book accompanies me wherever I go, be it an afternoon by a lake, at the beach or an outdoor café. I once even brought a book with me when I was kayaking...although it unfortunately got soaked when I clumsily tipped the kayak over. These days, my books stay on dry land!
Here is my list of ten books (in no particular order) I hope to read this summer.
- The Outsider by Stephen King
- The Chilbury Ladies' Choir by Jennifer Ryan
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand (perfect for the beach!)
- After Anna by Lisa Scottoline
- In a Dark, Dark Wood by Ruth Ware
- Educated by Tara Westover
- Robin by Dave Itzkoff
- Piecing Me Together by René Watson (2018 Newbery Honor and Coretta Scot King Author Award Winner)
- Future Home of the Living God by Louise Erdrich
- I'll Be Your Blue Sky by Marisa De Los Santos
I realize that I probably won't succeed in reading all of these books in just three months but I do love having a list to refer to. Do you keep a list of books to read? In the past I've been determined to keep a record of the books I read over the course of a year but never follow through.
What books do you plan on reading this summer? I'd love to hear! I'm always looking for a good book...
Next Friday's book talk will feature a special guest, Mary Van Akin, Associate Director, Publicity at Macmillan Children's Publishing Group. (Pssst...she's also my daughter!)